At a special meeting Tuesday, our Board of Supervisors heard from a panel of scientists and physicians offering perspective on the COVID-19 pandemic and recommended actions to balance limiting the impacts of COVID-19 with avoiding other economic and social consequences.
The panelists included:
• Dr. Michael Levitt, professor of structural biology at Stanford University;
• Dr. John Ioannidis, professor of medicine, epidemiology and population health at Stanford University;
• Dr. Julie Parsonnet, professor of medicine, infectious diseases and population health at Stanford University, who is also overseeing Placer County’s COVID-19 seroprevalence study;
• Dr. Phil Magness, senior research fellow at the American Institute for Economic Research;
• Harry Weis, president and CEO of Tahoe Forest Health System;
• Dr. Genevieve Sweet, urology specialist with Sutter Health in Roseville;
• Dr. Ranjani Kalyan, an infectious disease specialist in Roseville affiliated with multiple hospitals in the area;
• and Roseville psychiatrist Dr. Melanie Trowbridge, associate professor of psychology at William Jessup University.