Building Healthy Relationships: Alberta’s Bullying Prevention Strategy
Think Tank Agenda
Monday, June 11, 2012
Content included in Part 1:
- Welcome and Introductions
- Panel Discussion 1 – focus on specific settings where bullying is prevalent
• Glenn French – President and CEO, Canadian Initiative on Workplace Violence, Toronto, Ontario
• Jane Tallim – Co-Executive Director, MediaSmarts, Ottawa, Ontario
• Dr. Tracy Vaillancourt – Canada Research Chair, Children’s Mental Health and Violence Prevention, University of Ottawa, Ottawa
• Deepen and enhance our collective knowledge on the issue of bullying prevention.
• Provide a solutions-focused view of the actions most likely to prevent bullying.
• Inform members of the Cross-Ministry Working Group and other key stakeholders about leading research and promising practices in other regions of Canada and the world.
• Inform our individual and collective work and take our thinking and practice relating to bullying prevention to “the next level”.
• Provide input into the development of a framework and integrated model that identifies key levers that will support bullying prevention and will inform the strategies and actions included in the plan.
• Identify needs, opportunities and options for ongoing sharing of information, learning and best practices.