wikibeat sonifies changes to wikipedia as they happen. it uses Ed Summers' wikipulse, which monitors changes to each language-specific wikipedia and displays their rates of change as gauges, and creates a series of audible beats based on these change rates. it does this by sending the change rate information to a Pure Data application written by Christopher Burns using OSC. it works best if you're also watching Ed's wikistream at the same time.
all of these tools are free software; you can try them yourself if you want.
* wikistream - see it live http://wikistream.inkdroid.org/ - get the source https://github.com/edsu/wikistream
* wikipulse - see it live http://wikipulse.herokuapp.com/ - get the source https://github.com/edsu/wikipulse
* wikibeat - get the source https://github.com/dchud/wikibeat
* Pure Data - get it and its source http://puredata.info/
* open sound control (OSC) - http://opensoundcontrol.org/introduction-osc
Ed's wikimania 2012 talk about wikistream: http://inkdroid.org/journal/2012/07/11/wikimania/