The time and cost benefits of migrating to Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure may seem unattainable because of perceived data security and HIPAA-compliance issues. However, there are processes and methods in practice that can ensure compliance.
In this webinar presented by Control Group, David Rocamora, VP of DevOps at Control Group, Lisa O'Neil, VP of Enterprise Consulting at Control Group, and Tom Stickle, Sr. Manager, Solutions Architecture at AWS discuss best practices for building cloud-based healthcare applications and IT environments in AWS that satisfy the security and privacy constraints of HIPAA.
• Learn about AWS’s approach to security and shared responsibility.
• Understand the key technical features that distinguish AWS in a system based on physical infrastructure, or the delivery vendor for transporting PHI on physical media.
• Discover how to eliminate the need to enter into a Business Associate Agreement (BAA) with AWS directly.
• Learn about the steps for migrating part or all of an infrastructure to the cloud.
• Learn to manage infrastructure in the same manner as application code, leveraging automation for versioning and provisioning of on-demand virtual infrastructure.
• Hear how other healthcare companies fully realized the benefits of migrating their infrastructure to AWS while maintaining HIPAA compliance.