City of Salisbury, North Carolina
COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
July 17, 2012 - 4:00 p.m.
1. Call to order.
2. Invocation to be given by Councilmember Miller.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Recognition of visitors present.
5. Council to consider the CONSENT AGENDA:
(a) Approve Minutes of the Regular Meeting of July 3, 2012.
(b) Close the 100 and 200 blocks of North Main Street, Friday, September 7, 2012 from 5:00 p.m. until 7:30 p.m. for a United Way Kick-Off event.
6. Council to receive a report from the Destination Development Committee of the Salisbury Tourism and Cultural Development Commission regarding downtown holiday decorations.
7. Council to receive a presentation from staff regarding the North Lee Street Streetscape Improvement Project.
8. Council to consider adopting a RESOLUTION terminating the covenants and restrictions contained in that Deed recorded in Deed Book 564, page 571 in the Rowan County Register of Deeds, and that the Mayor be authorized to execute a document that can be recorded in the Register of Deeds of Rowan County showing such termination.
9. Council to receive a presentation from staff regarding a cooperative program to restore the West End Community Garden through a grant from the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Nourishing North Carolina Program.
10. Council to receive a presentation from staff regarding the City’s new website.
11. Council to receive public comment.
12. City Manager’s comments.
(a) Update Regarding Protected-Secondary Connection
(b) Rowan Kannapolis ABC Board Final Adopted Budget
(c) Other Comments
13. Mayor’s Announcements.
(a) Downtown Salisbury, Inc. will host Krazy Night Out Friday, July 20, 2012, from 5:00
p.m. until 9:00 p.m. in downtown Salisbury.
(b) Downtown Salisbury, Inc. will host Summer Night Out Friday, August 3, 2012, from
5:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. in downtown Salisbury.
(c) Other announcements.
14. Council to go into closed session to consult with an attorney as allowed by NCGS 143-
318.11(a)(3) and to acquire interest in real property Tax Map 005-18701 and Tax Map 008-
Council meetings are streamed live at salisburync.gov/council/webcast.html