The MHTC Women in Leadership virtual event, Unconscious Bias: Advancing an Inclusive Workplace, was hosted by 2020 Sponsor PTC, with programming led by Bentley University Center for Women and Business.
* Trish Foster, Executive Director of Bentley University's Center for Women and Business, takes a look at unconscious bias from a unique perspective and nurtures a safe and brave space for exploring the unique impact of workplace microinequities and the critical need to address them.
The solutions-oriented panel provides actionable takeaways during their discussion about overcoming challenges related to unconscious bias and related issues that continue to prevent organizations from creating authentic inclusive cultures. The expert panelists responsible for leading this work within their organizations include:
* Kathleen Mitford, EVP, Chief Strategy Officer, PTC
* Stephen Denny, Head of Human Resources, Diversity & Inclusion, Putnam Investments
* Nellie Borrero, Managing Director-Senior Global Inclusion & Diversity Lead, Accenture
* PTC CEO, Jim Heppelmann, shares about the impact of inclusion and diversity at PTC
Interested in learning more and accessing resources provided by Bentley University’s Center for Women in Business?
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Resources:
* Curated research reports on key issues impacting workplace diversity, equity and inclusion: bentley.edu/centers/center-for-women-and-business/cwb-research
* Custom in-house workshops on topics including Unconscious Bias and Courageous Conversations: bentley.edu/centers/center-for-women-and-business/custom-programs
* Women’s conference for women in the first decade of their careers: bentley.edu/centers/center-for-women-and-business/gearing-conference
* Diversity and Inclusion Certificate for business executives seeking training and tools to create and nurture inclusive organizations: bentley.edu/centers/executive-education/diversity-inclusion-champion-certificate
Other Recommended Resources:
* CEO Action For Diversity and Inclusion for organizations prepared to sign a pledge and commit to advancing diversity and inclusion in the workplace: ceoaction.com/
* Implicit Association Test for those who want to explore their own unconscious bias: implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/education.html
Please visit the Massachusetts High Tech Council Women in Leadership Initiative webpage for more on past and future programs: mhtc.org/advocacy/women-in-leadership/