LISTEN & REPEAT - BASIC ESL - LESSON 28
Learn more about ADVERBS of MANNER: basicesl.com/workbook-2/lesson-28/
English for BEGINNERS | Videos – Workbooks – Examples – Exercises
Lesson 28 VOCABULARY VIDEO: youtu.be/nvWQq3UcPAo
BASIC ESL - LESSON 28 - Exercise G Audio: youtu.be/PEX5xpdzPck
Buy WORKBOOK 2: amazon.com/wordtoword
Get a DICTIONARY: basicesl.com/product-category/dictionaries/
• Adverbs of Manner
Adverbs are used to express how something happens or how something is done. Adverbs are used to describe verbs, adjectives and other adverbs.
Most adverbs of manner are formed by adding -ly to adjectives. There are other spelling rules that depend on the ending of the adjective.
(1) most adjectives → add -ly
Examples: quick → quickly; loud → loudly
(2) ends in -y → change -y to -i, add -ly
Examples: angry → angrily; lazy → lazily
(3) ends in consonant + -le, remove -le, add -ly
Examples: terrible → terribly, gentle → gently
(4) There are some irregular adverbs of manner that do not follow spelling rules.
Examples: good → well; hard → hard; fast → fast
Adverbs of manner are usually placed after the main verb or at the end of the sentence.
Memorize the vocabulary from Lesson 28. The vocabulary from Lesson 28 is mostly related to sports.
What sports do you play? Do you like team sports or individual sports. Do you play sports well?
Do you like to go to sports games? Do you like to watch sports on television?
Talk to your friends about sports in ENGLISH.
Practice using adverbs to describe actions.
Use the adverb QUICKLY in a Sentence.
Use the adverb EASILY in a Sentence.
Use the adverb STRAIGHT in a Question.
Use the adverb WELL in a Question.
PRACTICE! PRACTICE ! PRACTICE!
• Find LESSON 28 resources: basicesl.com/workbook-2/lesson-28/
• Watch LESSON 28 vocabulary video
• Complete LESSON 28 workbook exercises
• Download LESSON 28 vocabulary exercises
• Watch ENGLISH language VIDEOS, SHOWS and MOVIES
• Practice your PRONUNCIATION at home EVERY DAY
• Ask your local LIBRARY about ESL CLASSES or ENGLISH CONVERSATION groups
• Read your favorite MAGAZINE in ENGLISH at night before bed
• Get a BILINGUAL DICTIONARY and look up NEW WORDS
• Buy ESL WORKBOOKS to IMPROVE your ENGLISH with WRITING
WHAT IS BASIC ESL?
• ENGLISH language LESSONS for BEGINNERS
• BASIC 45 lessons include VIDEOS and WORKBOOKS
• Improve LISTENING, SPEAKING, READING + WRITING
• Learn by EXAMPLES, improve through EXERCISES
Our lessons introduce English to beginners through example. The vocabulary and grammar examples in the lesson videos come from our workbooks. We do not focus on grammar explanations using difficult language. We build simple examples around the lesson grammar to show beginners clear correct English. Basic ESL gives students a chance to practice the lessons through writing exercises. The workbooks provide lots of exercises for students to practice the lesson vocabulary and grammar.
• LISTEN and REPEAT, practice PRONUNCIATION
• VOCABULARY videos are topical with illustrations
• GRAMMAR videos explain concepts through examples
The BASIC 45 lesson videos include English vocabulary and grammar examples for beginners. The videos have an easy steady pace. Learners listen to a native English speaker while reading the examples. The videos are designed so students can practice their pronunciation by repeating examples many times.
• BASIC 45 lessons in 3 workbooks
• BEGIN with Workbook 1 - Lesson 1
• BUILD your ENGLISH lesson by lesson
Writing, reading and listening exercises for Lessons 1-45 are found in Basic ESL Workbooks 1, 2 and 3. Exercises give students the opportunity to improve and correct their English skills. Each lesson builds on the lessons before. The BASIC 45 lessons provide a foundation for students to feel confident about their English.