In this important teaching, Dr Don G Pickney takes us on a journey into legal principles that are often neglected when trying to explain their doctrine of Adam's authority in the earth, and their belief that he lost it by selling out God's position in the earth to Satan, making the Devil the "God of this World!" Consider these points of law:
Understanding the Scope of delegated Authority?
• Express Authority: Delegated authority can be expressly determined. If an agreement specifies an agent’s (Adam’s) duties, an agent (Adam) does not have authority to represent the principal (God) beyond those duties.
• No matter whether the principal's (God’s) grant of authority to the agent (Adam) was express or implied, the scope of the authority extends to all acts which are reasonably necessary to achieve the principal's (God’s) purposes for which he granted the authority.
• Where an agent (Adam) acts without authority or exceeds his authority, its acts do not bind the principal (God) and the third party (Satan) in any way to each other.
• Agency is a fiduciary relationship whereby one party (God) expressly or impliedly authorizes another (Adam) to act under his or her control.
• The relationship between an agent (Adam) and a principal (God) is a contractual one. Therefore, rights and duties of the agent (Ada,) and principal (God) are in accordance with the agency “contract” (Genesis 1:26, 28; 9:1-2).
• An agent (Adam) cannot delegate his or her authority and have services performed by a subagent (Satan) without express permission from principal (God) unless permission is explicitly expressed in the nature of the business.