When was the Last Time You Said I love you? - is an exploration of the love stories of strangers, told through the voices of older people. Scripted from over 200 anonymous responses over three years to an online questionairre distributed by artist Jeanie Finlay
1. Has there been a love of your life?(if yes please describe them)
2. When was the last time you said "I love you?"
3. Have you ever been married? If yes please describe how you proposed/were proposed to.
4. Do you have a special love song? If yes, please give details
5. Are you ever too old for love?
When was the last time you said I love you? is part of a series of works by Jeanie Finlay exploring the love stories of others.
" I've always been interested in hearing people's stories. A lot of my previous art work has involved working with the general public, finding out about what makes them tick and how they feel about their lives. Over the past three years I have researched people's love stories and experiences, setting up an online questionnaire about love. I received over 200 responses and was intrigued by the fact that people would so readily tell their stories to a stranger." Jeanie Finlay 2002
The films were commissioned by web broadcast channel Moonradio, and have been designed specifically to be viewed online at a low speed internet connection.