Welcome to DisciplesNet worship #97. Today's message looks at the "hard teachings" Jesus gave to his disciples concerning ideas that they would eat his body and drink of his blood in sharing his community of faith. What did it all mean? Scriptures are from John 6:35, 41-51, and Ephesians 4:25-5:2.
We invite you to sing along with us in favorites, "Rock of Ages," and "Come Share the Lord," and with an original, "Come to the Table of the Lord" by today's preacher, Rev. Dr. Audrey Borschel.
Our worship includes a time of communion (breaking of the bread)--for which we extend the invitation given by Jesus Christ to all who would come. If you would like to share with us in this time at the table that passes all boundaries of place, time, and walls, then we ask that you prepare a wafer, cracker, or bread and a drink, and we ask that our blessing will extend to where you are. If you are unable to eat or drink, use a symbolic gesture or mental symbols of joining with us.
We hope you will join us for this short time of worship (28 minutes), and will be blessed by participating. Please tell friends, family, and others you know about our online church that is here with doors that never close, walls as wide as the world, and always room at the table.
If you would like to chat with one of our pastors, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Invitation to Giving:
DisciplesNet is growing and has much in the works! If you would like to be part of this ministry through helping to equip the church financially for its work, you have several ways. This includes going to our website disciplesnet.org and going through Pay Pal or credit cards, by writing to our physical PO Box at:
PO Box 17935
Indianapolis, IN 46217
or emailing us at email@example.com
God bless you, and thank you for joining us!
Order of Worship:
1. Song: "Rock of Ages," Chalice Hymnal #214, by A.M Toplady, T.Hastings. Sung by DisciplesNet Congregational singers
2. Scripture: Ephesians 4:25-5:2 (NRSV). Rev. Bob Shaw
3. Pastor's Prayer with Lord's Prayer: Rev. Blanche Edwards
4. Song: "Come to the Table of the Lord," in Chalice Praise, by Audrey Borschel. Sung by DisciplesNet singers
5. Scripture, John 6:35,41-51 (NRSV) Susan McNeely
6. Message: "Difficult to Swallow," Rev. Dr. Audrey Borschel
7. Interlude: "Come to the Table of the Lord,' in Chalice Praise, sung by DisciplesNet singers
8. Communion/Breaking Bread: Rev. Russ Smith
9. "Come Share the Lord," CH #408, by Bryan Jeffery Leech. Sung by DisciplesNet singers
10. Benediction, Rev. Dr. Audrey Borschel