Study 8 of 13 on 1 and 2 Thessalonians
Scriptural Basis: 1 Thess. 4:13–18; Acts 17:3; 1 Cor. 15:20–23, 51–58; John 5:28, 29; Rev. 20:4–6.
Key Text: “The Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first” (1 Thess. 4:16, NKJV).
1. This week’s study talks of what it is like to “live like an Adventist?” How would you explain this expression?
2. What are the various ways in which unbelievers attempt to cope with their mortality?
3. What does Scripture say about the state of the dead?
4. What hope does the apostle Paul offer regarding those who have died?
5. Where, in Scripture, can we go for assurance of Jesus’ second coming?
6. In everyday terms, how can a Christian express to others the hope of eternal life?