The Vulcan K Series Kettles are just what you’re looking for to make the perfect soups, stews and sauces. These fast-cooking, stainless steel kettles feature embossed gallon liter markings that will never wear off, helping operators reduce waste by measuring the right amount of product, every time.
Nothing comes close to the flavor of a homemade soup stock. This video shows you how to make the perfect stock, and provides easy commercial kettle cleaning tips.
• Place beef bones in oven at 354 degrees, set timer for one hour
• Remove bones, paint with a tomato sauce or paste, add mirepoix on top and place back into the oven for 15 minutes
• Trim vegetables; save trimmings for soup stock
• Make sachet d’Épices (bag of spices) with cheesecloth. Add peppercorns, basil, thyme, garlic, and parsley. Wrap the cheesecloth into a pouch and tie with butcher string. Set aside
• Remove bones from oven. Add bones and vegetable trimmings to your large steam kettle
• Add cold water, turn on kettle and set to simmer (do not boil!) Add sachet d’Épices and cook for 12 hours
• Before straining, remove sachet d’Épices and strain any impurities from the surface. Place strainer on lip of commercial kettle and tilt to strain the soup stock into a storage container
• Next, strain a second time using a fine mesh strainer—the key to creating a perfect soup stock
• Now the stock is ready for the refrigerator. The next morning, remove any fat that has come to the surface.
Now you have created the perfect soup stock with the Vulcan K Series Steam Jacketed Kettle. To learn more about this and other Vulcan Kettles, please visit vulcanequipment.com/products/kettles/.