After many hours of hard work, throughout continental Spain (I leave the islands for the next time), I managed to edit this short film about the birds of my beloved country. Living and working in the richest European country regarding birds, I tried to film some of the Spanish specialities, mainly for non-Spanish birders. With so many different habitats and species, I had to move, driving to special locations sometimes separated more than 1000 km. The good thing was that after so many years birdwatching and working with birds, I really knew pretty well where to look for...
Mainly shot with Canon HDLRS cameras and 400 5.6 lens (sometimes plus 1.4x and 2x III).
Music by Armand Amar (thank you again): armandamar.com/
- Riglos and Valle de Tena (Pyrenees, Huesca)
- Bardenas Reales (Navarra)
- Montes de Toledo and Andújar (Jaén)
- Albufera de Valencia and Dénia
- Tablas de Daimiel (Ciudad Real) and Doñana (Huelva)
- Coast of Murcia and Almeria
Species list: (order by appearance)
- Bubo bubo, Gypaetus barbatus, Tichodroma muraria, Chersophilus duponti, Otis tarda, Falco naumanni, Pterocles orientalis, Bucanetes githagineus, Cercotrichas galactotes, Aquila adalberti, Sylvia hortensis, Aegypius monachus, Cyanopica cyana, Galerida theklae, Sturnus unicolor, Dryocopus martius, Dendrocopos leucotos, Phylloscopus bonelli, Serinus citrinella, Montifringilla nivalis, Pyrrhocorax graculus, Prunella collaris, Luscinia svecica, Merops apiaster, Upupa epops, Circus pygargus, Larus genei, Porphyrio porphyrio, Oxyura leucocephala, Marmaronetta angustirostris, Phoenicopterus ruber-Platalea leucorodia, Grus grus.
SPECIAL THANKS TO ARCADIO CALVO (the clip of the Spanish Imperial Eagles is his), without his knowledge and support it would have been even more difficult.
Also thanks to:
Virtudes Abad, Marino López, Manuel Aguilera, José Polo, Carlos Rodriguez, Isabel González, Jacinto Rodenas, Ruben Ramos
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?