In this Tech Field Day Roundtable video, a group of independent influencers discuss the new Scale Computing HC3 converged infrastructure offering introduced that day.
This video includes the following participants:
- Stephen Foskett
- Jeff Ready, Scale Computing
- Colin McNamara
- Jason Collier, Scale Computing
- Ryan Adzima
- Howard Marks
- Bill Hill
- Roger Lund
- Fabio Rapposelli
- Patrick Conte, Scale Computing
This 44 minute video touches on the following topics:
- Validating the vision for the company and its market.
- Scale HC3 uses KVM rather than the VMware hypervisor. How will the market react?
- "Sub-Standard" VMware deployments and how cost limits the accessibility of VMware.
- Using VDI on HC3.
- How supportable is Scale HC3 in a production environment?
- Considering software-defined infrastructure. Does Scale count?
- Long-term goals of HC3 - implementing a platform and integrating networking.
- Using Scale HC3 at larger businesses - remote offices, vertical applications, and more.
- Is Scale going up against VMware?
- Considering Scale HC3 as a private infrastructure cloud.