Documenting the installation of brake pads and rotors on a 1992 Volvo 240. Please consult a professional if you have any questions. Parts from fcpgroton.com
* Prep: You’ll need 13 and 14mm sockets, box end wrenches, a torque wrench, a mallet, and channel-lock pliers. Raise car on jack stands and remove wheel.
* Remove Pads: Pull out small clips. Remove both pins holding pads in place. Squeeze pads against caliper. Pull out pads and shims.
* Remove Caliper: Unscrew bolts on back-side of caliper (13mm & 14mm). Pull caliper off rotor and use wire coat hanger to hang from coil spring.
* Replace Rotors: Remove small screws holding rotor in place. Knock rotor with mallet to dislodge, then pull rotor off of lug bolts. Install new rotor.
* Replace Caliper: Place caliper over rotor and screw in bolts. Torque to 100Nm (75 ft-lb) for front and 58 Nm (43 ft-lb) for rear.
* Install Pads: Apply anti-squeal goo to shim and affix shim to rear of pad. Squeeze caliper pistons and slide pads into slot. Replace pins, springs and clips.
* Break In: Top up the brake fluid in case some has been displace. Gently pump brakes a few times before driving. Drive cautiously for the next 50 miles or so, gradually increasing the pressure you apply to the brake pedal to ease the pads in place.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?