1. Savva. (hair system)
The hair system has been developed in close cooperation with CG artists who specialise in hair and fur.
It has some unique features:
- Guide is a regular maya spline with an arbitrary number of vertexes. Different guides could have different number of vertexes.
- Guides are independent from the geometry topology.
- Ringlet and Multiringlet functions provide precise control for the wisps of hair.
- Automatic seamless function for fur characters.
- Hair parting can be defined by the spline above the surface wherever it is need.
- Small size of *.mi file. All hairs are generated on render phase (or for OpenGL visualisation).
- Flexible clump and noise functions.
- Hairstyle can be easily copied from one character to another.
- Hair cache function.
2. Savva. (procedural animates trees)
Forest generation system consists of custom Maya nodes for wind simulation and geometry shader for creating the tree itself. User can convert an ordinary model of a tree into the system-ready one with a script that calculates each leaf orientation and fixing point on a branch. Branches sway in the wind and leaves follow them accordingly.
Geometry shader can generate a huge number of trees at render time.
module for simulating a special case scenario dynamics of glass debris. Specific shards can be set to stick to character's surface precisely. Shock wave from the impact affects shards around the collision area with a falloff. User can control all kinematic parameters.
Custom emitter creates particles in the regions where glass shards shift.
Debris generator is module for building debris from points of impact.
4. Wanted (Car Studio)
Car studio is real-time car simulation system. User animates only one null-object and all secondary animation: wheels rotation, suspension oscillation, are calculated by system. Forces are reconstructed from user defined trajectory. Dynamic module has been written with SSE Assembler.