This week’s big imaging news stories in just 7 minutes…
1. Another chapter in the 10-year-old legal battle between printer maker Lexmark and after market component supplier Static Control has been written.
2. Epson claims its Micro-Piezo inkjet technology has a technical advantages over laser.
3. Figures coming out of India show the computer printing market has grown there in the last 12 months.
4. One of the oldest professions in the world still prefers to use print outs on hard copy paper.
5. Print-Rite has just released a range of inks that give off a beautiful aroma when they are printed onto a page.
6. Epson has its eyes on the Malaysian and Middle East market and expects to grow its business there.
7. Parts Now, the largest distributor of printer parts and printer repair training in North America, has been bought by CounterPoint Capital Partners.
8. The South Australian government has set up new contracts with printer cartridge suppliers, hoping to stop millions of dollars of rorts.
9. Charles Brewer shares why the imaging industry is experiencing so much litigation at the moment.