The Duchess Costanza Sforza Boncompagni, thanks to a bequest of 300 ducats after her husband's death, the Duke Giacomo, built in the center of the city the new Church of the Holy Spirit with the building that housed the College of the Jesuits. In 1614, at the behest of Bishop Jerome Giovannelli, were transferred from the small chapel bones extra moenia of martyr Saint Julian. In the 17th century. some natural events threatened the stability of the Church and demanded restoration completed in early 700: the Church took a marked connotation barocca has kept over the years. In the second half of the 800, Neapolitan school painters painted the frescoes on the vault with the "glorification of the Virgin with Saints Dominic, Julian and Restituta". The paintings of the apse, left and right of the altar are by the artist Domenico Wikimedia (1915) and depict St. Bonaventure and Saint Bernard. In the Church of Santo Spirito cherishes sixteenth-century statue of our Lady of sorrows and wooden angels, sculpted by Pasquale Fosca.
The church also houses the Black Madonna.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?