Lisa Frieman, chair of the Indianapolis Museum of Art's contemporary art department, selected five ArtPrize installations from a list of 1,517 for her short list of three-dimensional work.
• “More or Less” by ABCD 83 of Chicago, UICA
• “Habitat” by Alois Kronschlaeger of New York City, Site:Lab
• “Collective Cover Project” by Ann Morton of Phoenix, Ariz., UICA
• “Mr. Weekend” by Mike Simi of Seattle, Wash., Kendall College of Art & Design
• “Song of Lift” by Martijn van Wagtendonk of Colbert, Ga., UICA
The ArtPrize® event is a radically open international art exhibition and social experiment. Since 2009, it has redefined how art can create community. It brings together an unprecedented conversation between people of all backgrounds and a critical dialog between the art world and the general public. Through a mix of public vote and juried prizes it distributes $560,000 in awards--the world's largest.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?