*These slomo excerpts helped to find back the original shooting locations of MUTABOR III, as preparation for shooting a sequel. We are planning to reconstruct MUTABOR III and the other two games of VIDEOLABYRINTH: TERRA Z by Ilka Lauchstädt and OSHUBB by Mari Cantu.
* * * * * * * * * *
MUTABOR III was a multiple choice "Choose your own adventure"- narrative video by Friederike Anders from 1987.
It included pointscores, secrets, time travel and a personality test. It was inspired by "Dallas" and "Denver" and aimed to subvert the concepts of identity and continuity.
• Hardware: video-8 cassette, XT computer, video driving card, mouse, keyboard, computer monitor, TV
• Length of scenes catalogue on video: 60 minutes
• Length of one play session: between 15 and 45 minutes
• Number of possible endings: 17
• Team: VIDEOLABYRINTH = Ilka Lauchstädt ("TERRA Z"), Friederike Anders ("MUTABOR III"), Mari Cantu ("OSHUBB"), + Martin Potthoff, Rolf Wolkenstein and Carl Ludwig Rettinger
• Production: dffb (Deutsche Film und Fernsehakademie Berlin)
• Festivals: AVE `87, VideoFest Berlin `88, EMAF `88
(interactive mockup of Chapter 1)
(about the reconstruction of VIDEOLABYRINTH)
(about shoppingmalls, identity change and interactivity)