The first working beta of my Walkman based instrument. I'm currently using the Arduino Uno microcontroller as a bridge between MIDI and the tape playhead.
- Torque on playhead. If the motor runs too slow it gets stuck.
- Walkman is externally powered by a 3V pack. This should be easy to power via the Uno's 3.3V out instead.
- Consolidate circuitry as much as possible. Finalize schematic. Solder.
- Construct loopable cassettes.
- Record synth drones onto tapes.
- Potentially map motor speed to alter pitch on a traditional 12 note scale.
- Try Teensy 3.0 as a replacement for Uno.