… And they were all amazed and said to one another, “What is this word? For with authority and power he commands the unclean spirits, and they come out!” And reports about him went out into every place in the surrounding region …
Paul Clarke expounds a passage from Luke’s gospel, chapter 4 - from verse 31 “ And he went down to Capernaum, a city of Galilee. And he was teaching them on the Sabbath”, to verse 44, “And he was preaching in the synagogues of Judea.” - a passage where Jesus confronts both a demon and disease.
The Bible translation we use at St Helen's is the English Standard Version (ESV). If you don’t have a Bible handy then here is a link to Luke's gospel, chapter 4 - esvbible.org/Luke+4/
Paul gave this talk on Sunday, 14th October, 2012; here at St Helen's, Bishopsgate, to our Sunday-morning congregation.
It continues the series of talks, "The Saviour's Manifesto". The six earlier talks are:
1. "The Saviour Announced" on Luke 3.1-14 - youtube.com/watch?v=b1Qd5RbQB3c&feature=plcp
2. “The Saviour Identified” on Luke 3.15-22 - youtube.com/watch?v=H2bdrit-zQ8&feature=plcp
3. “The Saviour’s Connections” on Luke 3.21-38 - youtube.com/watch?v=JR-_S_XA_6E&feature=plcp
4. “The Saviour Proved” on Luke 4.1-13 - youtube.com/watch?v=-gcNsDUc1rk
5. “The Saviour's Mission” on Luke 4.14-21 - youtube.com/watch?v=whCfkIhoigA&feature=plcp
6. “The Saviour's Offence” on Luke 4.22-30 - youtube.com/watch?v=00dZ3AvFMpM
To browse or search our archive of over 7,000 talks - or to subscribe to a podcast - please visit our church's website st-helens.org.uk/ - there's lots of other information there too.
We're in the City of London, only a short walk away from Liverpool Street Station; with meetings on Sundays and some weekday lunchtimes.
If ever you're in London you're always welcome to join us.
COPYRIGHT - ©2012 St Helen's Church, Bishopsgate, London
Your comments and queries are always welcome –
please contact our webmaster.
His email address is email@example.com
Our reference for this video is SM12-042