Study 4 of 13 on Growing In Christ
Scriptural Basis: John 2:25; Jeremiah 17:9; Titus 1:1, 2; Romans 3:19–24; Acts 2:37; Luke 7:47; Ephesians 2:1–5.
Key Text: “God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life” (John 3:16, NKJV).
1. What does it mean to you that, from eternity, God’s plan was for you, personally, to have salvation?
2. Christ’s sacrificial death is presented in the Bible as an atonement for sin. What passages from Scripture help you to understand what this means?
3. According to Romans 3:23–25; Ephesians 2:8, what is the role of faith in the experience of justification?
4. How does the Cross reveal to the universe both the true curse of sin and the true meaning of life?
5. Why is the doctrine of salvation by works so dangerous?
6. How do we, on a daily and practical level, live out the experience of salvation?