Inspired by U.S. Congressman Tim Ryan's ultra grass-roots campaign for Ohio State Senate. "Steel Valley" is an intimate look at the struggles and triumphs he endured during the controversial race.
Steel Valley is a short film that was written and directed by Eric Murphy, a Mahoning Valley native, for his graduate thesis film at Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles, California. 90% of the principal photography was shot in the Mahoning Valley in Ohio. The other 10% was shot in Los Angeles on an LMU sound stage and on location.
This film features Ed O'Neill.