Episode 2 of the SXSW: Empathy in IT series.
Chris Murphy is the Global Head of Workplace Services and User Experience at Boston Consulting Group, ensuring that the 20,000 employees across the world are provided with a world-class IT service service.
In this episode we discuss how empathy and “user centricity” is hugely important in delivering enterprise IT.
Topics discussed include:
- 00:57 - User Centric IT at BCG: how BCG’s user centric approach to IT strategy has achieved high satisfaction scores from their 20,000 employees.
- 02:46 - Tactics to deploy Empathy at Scale: examples of tactics BCG uses to measure and improve IT delivery including Pulse Check, feedback loop including enabling end-users to prioritise IT investment and drive IT roadmaps; text analysis of comments in surveys; correlation of IT Pulse Check with the overall People Survey; Persona analysis.
- 08:04 - Agile UX in IT: how BCG is utilising an “agile transformation” approach, using “user experience center of expertise” that provides best practices to over agile squads and tribes distributed across the company
- 09:35 - 3 Step Approach for IT Departments: top 3 steps for IT departments looking to improve end user experience through user-centric approach - Step One: research your users - deeply understand how they work, Step Two: measure satisfaction overall; drill down by product, geography, persona; enable the users to prioritise IT investment; and Step Three: put users at centre of the solutioning.
- 10:47 - Top tip! Incentivise IT employees to focus on user experience - reward user centric service, signaling that that’s what’s important to the overall business.
See the full series at voxxify.com/videos
[Credits to video production company 528 Creative 528creativeco.com/]