Optimist Youth Homes & Family Services provides culturally sensitive, comprehensive treatment, specialized education and support services to abused, neglected or at-risk children, youth and their families, to promote stability within families and communities.
We are committed to giving all children the chance at a bright future which they so rightly deserve. In combining therapy, education and a nurturing residential living environment, we provide the specialized care and unbounded love and understanding needed by each and every child. And through life skills training, we aim to help young people overcome the negative experiences of their youth in order to lead meaningful, independent adult lives. At Optimist, futures begin here, starting with a home, a family and hope.
Optimist Youth Homes and Family Services’ core values positively shape the manner in which we
carry out our mission with clients and their families.
· Staff, clients, their families, and our community stakeholders must be treated with respect
· Treatment environments must be safe and nurturing.
· Each client’s treatment and educational plan is individualized based on the strengths and
needs of the client.
· Client’s families, as important members of the treatment team, need support and education to
promote stability and successful reunification.
· Out of home placement should be an intervention that leads to permanency in a home-like setting
with aftercare services whenever possible.
· Clients who cannot reunify with their families should still have permanent connections in their
lives and should be prepared for emancipation