Study 6 of 13 on Growing in Christ
Scriptural Basis: Ephesians 1:18–22; Romans 8:26–39; James 4:7; 1 Peter 5:6–10; Luke 10:1–20; Acts 5:12–16.
Key Text: “In all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us” (Rom. 8:37, NKJV).
1. How may Christians draw on the promises of God for power and victory in times of temptation?
2. What biblical examples demonstrate how followers of Christ have been victorious over the devil?
3. According to Ephesians 1:20–22, what can we claim for our struggles with forces stronger than we are?
4. What does 1 Peter 5:6, 7 tell us about God?
5. Even with the promises we receive in Scripture that we may overcome sin, why doesn’t this also include immediate removal of suffering too?
6. Ellen White talks of drawing “nigh to God.” What does this mean in practical terms?