Who are the saints in your life? In our worship today, "Remembering the Saints," Rev. Dr. Audrey Borschel, looks at the way God equips us to receive from and participate as one of God's saints in the world around us. Saints aren't perfect, but are people with their eyes trained upon God, trying to be faithful servants.
Our worship includes a time of communion (breaking of the bread)--for which we extend the invitation given by Jesus Christ to all who would come. If you would like to share with us in this time at the table that passes all boundaries of place, time, and walls, then we ask that you prepare a wafer, cracker, or bread and a drink, and we ask that our blessing will extend to where you are. If you are unable to eat or drink, use a symbolic gesture or mental symbols of joining with us.
We hope you will join us for this short time of worship (32 minutes), and will be blessed by participating. Please tell friends, family, and others you know about our online church that is here with doors that never close, walls as wide as the world, and always room at the table.
If you would like to chat with one of our pastors, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Invitation to Giving:
DisciplesNet is growing and has much in the works! If you would like to be part of this ministry through helping to equip the church financially for its work, you have several ways. This includes going to our website disciplesnet.org and going through Pay Pal or credit cards, by writing to our physical PO Box at:
PO Box 17935
Indianapolis, IN 46217
or emailing us at email@example.com
God bless you, and thank you for joining us!
ORDER OF WORSHIP:
1. Opening: Hymn, "For All the Saints," Chalice Hymnal #637
2. Pastor's Prayer with Lord's Prayer: Susan McNeely
3. Song: "O, When The Saints Go Marching In
4. Scripture: Revelation 7:13-17 (NRSV) Susan McNeely;
5. Scripture: Matthew 5:1-12 (NRSV), Janet Spaulding
6. Message: "Remembering the Saints," Rev. Dr Audrey Borschel.
7. Hymn: "In the Bulb There is a Flower "CH# 638
8. Call to Offering: Rev. Deb Phelps
9. Communion/Breaking Bread: Revs. Bob Shaw, Blanche Edwards
10. "Eat this Bread, CH #414
11. Benediction, Rev. Audrey Borschel
12. Tribute to Rev. Dr. Raymond Brown