BASIC ESL - LESSON 14 - Exercise H Audio
Learn more about PRESENT CONTINUOUS NEGATIVE STATEMENTS + PRESENT CONTINUOUS QUESTIONS: basicesl.com/workbook-1/lesson-14/
English for BEGINNERS | Videos – Workbooks – Examples – Exercises
Lesson 14 VOCABULARY VIDEO: youtu.be/Efvvw_m2WZQ
Lesson 14 GRAMMAR VIDEO: youtu.be/MOIyqqi86vU
Buy WORKBOOK 1: amazon.com/wordtoword
Get a DICTIONARY: basicesl.com/product-category/dictionaries/
• CITY / TRAVELING
• Present continuous negative statements
• Present continuous questions
Negative present continuous statements are used to express actions not happening at the given moment.
Present continuous statements use the verb to be and the present participle (-ing form) of the main verb. The word not is used to make the statement negative.
(Subject + to be + not + -ing form)
• He is NOT leaving tomorrow.
• She is NOT staying with us.
• They are NOT planning a trip.
Questions in the present continuous tense are used to ask what someone or something is doing at the given moment.
In present continuous questions the subject comes after the verb to be.
(to be + subject + -ing form)
• Are you coming with us?
• Is he leaving now?
• Are they starting to pack?
Present continuous statements are about ongoing action at the given moment
Answer these questions:
Are you traveling right now?
Are you working right now?
Are you driving right now?
How many of your answers use the Negative form of the Present Continuous Tense?
Practice using the Present Continuous Tense with friends and family members.
Use the Negative form.
• Find LESSON 14 resources: basicesl.com/workbook-1/lesson-14/
• Watch LESSON 14 vocabulary video
• Complete LESSON 14 workbook exercises
• Download LESSON 14 vocabulary exercises
• Watch ENGLISH language VIDEOS, SHOWS and MOVIES
• Practice your PRONUNCIATION at home EVERY DAY
• Ask your local LIBRARY about ESL CLASSES or ENGLISH CONVERSATION groups
• Read your favorite MAGAZINE in ENGLISH at night before bed
• Get a BILINGUAL DICTIONARY and look up NEW WORDS
• Buy ESL WORKBOOKS to IMPROVE your ENGLISH with WRITING
WHAT IS BASIC ESL?
• ENGLISH language LESSONS for BEGINNERS
• BASIC 45 lessons include VIDEOS and WORKBOOKS
• Improve LISTENING, SPEAKING, READING + WRITING
• Learn by EXAMPLES, improve through EXERCISES
Our lessons introduce English to beginners through example. The vocabulary and grammar examples in the lesson videos come from our workbooks. We do not focus on grammar explanations using difficult language. We build simple examples around the lesson grammar to show beginners clear correct English. Basic ESL gives students a chance to practice the lessons through writing exercises. The workbooks provide lots of exercises for students to practice the lesson vocabulary and grammar.
• LISTEN and REPEAT, practice PRONUNCIATION
• VOCABULARY videos are topical with illustrations
• GRAMMAR videos explain concepts through examples
The BASIC 45 lesson videos include English vocabulary and grammar examples for beginners. The videos have an easy steady pace. Learners listen to a native English speaker while reading the examples. The videos are designed so students can practice their pronunciation by repeating examples many times.
• BASIC 45 lessons in 3 workbooks
• BEGIN with Workbook 1 - Lesson 1
• BUILD your ENGLISH lesson by lesson
Writing, reading and listening exercises for Lessons 1-45 are found in Basic ESL Workbooks 1, 2 and 3. Exercises give students the opportunity to improve and correct their English skills. Each lesson builds on the lessons before. The BASIC 45 lessons provide a foundation for students to feel confident about their English.