Study 7 of 13 on Growing in Christ
Scriptural Basis: Ephesians 5:9; 6:14–18; 2 Corinthians 6:7; Romans 10:15; 1 Thessalonians 5:8; Mark 14:38.
Key Text: “Take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand” (Eph. 6:13, NKJV).
1. This week’s study title, “ ‘Arming’ for Victory,” sounds as if we can do something to defend ourselves in spiritual conflict. Is this a process of faith or works?
2. This week’s study looks at the link between truth and righteousness. According to Scripture, how are these two connected?
3. Paul describes in several places what could be called steadfastness in the Christian life of warfare. What is meant by this?
4. In Ephesians 6:17 Paul speaks of the helmet as salvation. How may salvation be considered a weapon of defense?
5. How does the military imagery that Paul uses reinforce the reality of the great controversy motif that is so central to the Bible?
6. In practical everyday term, how may we utilize in the coming week the armor we’ve studied in this lesson?