BASIC ESL - LESSON 27 - Exercise F Audio
Learn more about STATEMENTS of EQUALITY and INEQUALITY: basicesl.com/workbook-2/lesson-27/
English for BEGINNERS | Videos – Workbooks – Examples – Exercises
Lesson 27 VOCABULARY VIDEO: youtu.be/bgzyrTxIfEQ
Lesson 27 GRAMMAR VIDEO: youtu.be/kMZEPxXoZqo
Buy WORKBOOK 2: amazon.com/wordtoword
Get a DICTIONARY: basicesl.com/product-category/dictionaries/
• Animals/Wild Animals
• Statements of Equality and Inequality
STATEMENTS OF EQUALITY
(1) "AS" + adjective + "AS"
Statements of equality show that two nouns share equal amounts of the qualities expressed by an adjective.
Dolphins are AS FRIENDLY AS dogs.
(2) "AS" + adverb + "AS"
Statements of equality can also be used to show an equal nature of the qualities expressed by an adverb. In other words, the way two verbs carry out their action is the same.
Blue whales live AS LONG AS elephants (live).
STATEMENTS OF INEQUALITY
(1) "NOT" + "AS" + adjective + "AS"
Statements of inequality show that two nouns share unequal amounts of the qualities expressed by an adjective.
Crickets are NOT AS SMALL AS bees.
(2) "NOT" + "AS" + adverb + "AS"
Statements of inequality can also be used to show an unequal nature of the qualities expressed by an adverb. In other words, the way two verbs carry out their action is not the same.
Seals do not swim AS FAST AS sharks
Memorize the vocabulary from Lesson 27. The vocabulary from Lesson 27 is mostly related to ocean animals, insects and descriptive adjectives.
• Have you been to the ocean? What sea animals have you seen? What insects can you identify? Do you like insects?
Choose two sea animals: compare them in size, compare them in strength.
Compare two insects: compare them in size, compare them in quickness.
PRACTICE! PRACTICE ! PRACTICE!
• Find LESSON 27 resources: basicesl.com/workbook-2/lesson-27/
• Watch LESSON 27 vocabulary video
• Complete LESSON 27 workbook exercises
• Download LESSON 27 vocabulary exercises
• Watch ENGLISH language VIDEOS, SHOWS and MOVIES
• Practice your PRONUNCIATION at home EVERY DAY
• Ask your local LIBRARY about ESL CLASSES or ENGLISH CONVERSATION groups
• Read your favorite MAGAZINE in ENGLISH at night before bed
• Get a BILINGUAL DICTIONARY and look up NEW WORDS
• Buy ESL WORKBOOKS to IMPROVE your ENGLISH with WRITING
WHAT IS BASIC ESL?
• ENGLISH language LESSONS for BEGINNERS
• BASIC 45 lessons include VIDEOS and WORKBOOKS
• Improve LISTENING, SPEAKING, READING + WRITING
• Learn by EXAMPLES, improve through EXERCISES
Our lessons introduce English to beginners through example. The vocabulary and grammar examples in the lesson videos come from our workbooks. We do not focus on grammar explanations using difficult language. We build simple examples around the lesson grammar to show beginners clear correct English. Basic ESL gives students a chance to practice the lessons through writing exercises. The workbooks provide lots of exercises for students to practice the lesson vocabulary and grammar.
• LISTEN and REPEAT, practice PRONUNCIATION
• VOCABULARY videos are topical with illustrations
• GRAMMAR videos explain concepts through examples
The BASIC 45 lesson videos include English vocabulary and grammar examples for beginners. The videos have an easy steady pace. Learners listen to a native English speaker while reading the examples. The videos are designed so students can practice their pronunciation by repeating examples many times.
• BASIC 45 lessons in 3 workbooks
• BEGIN with Workbook 1 - Lesson 1
• BUILD your ENGLISH lesson by lesson
Writing, reading and listening exercises for Lessons 1-45 are found in Basic ESL Workbooks 1, 2 and 3. Exercises give students the opportunity to improve and correct their English skills. Each lesson builds on the lessons before. The BASIC 45 lessons provide a foundation for students to feel confident about their English.