True North Granola Company
FROM EDUCATORS TO ENTREPRENEURS
Driven by a long-standing dedication for baking healthy, high-quality granola, and drawn to the excitement of entrepreneurship, the Chrisco family from Vermont launched the True North Granola Company from their kitchen in 2006 while still actively engaged in more than 35 years as educators in Vermont.
Starting out as a small informal business selling granola at the Brattleboro Farmers’ Market, the Chriscoʼs have grown True North Granola into a recognizable and highly sought after granola brand currently available in nine varieties at dozens of co-ops and natural food stores throughout Vermont, New Hampshire, New York, and Massachusetts. The home kitchen has been replaced with a commercial kitchen built to their specifications, yet the Chrisco’s continue to take pride in the quality and care with which each batch is made and slow-baked. Retaining the original commitment to high-quality, healthy granola, every batch of True North’s granola is still made by hand and packed with flavor, uniqueness, and all-natural or organic ingredients. Meet the Chriscoʼs and sample their granola every Saturday from May through October at the Farmersʼ Market in Brattleboro, Vermont. Or, join the increasing number of mail order customers who try it once and decide to they must become continuing members of the True North Granola family of customers. Our customers continue to tell us, without solicitation, that “True North Granola is the best [they] have ever had.”
TRUE NORTH GRANOLA EIGHT GUIDING PRINCIPLES
1. True North Granola is a company in service to others. We will serve our customers well and build lasting, personal relationships with them.
2. True North Granola will offer only high quality, healthy products by choosing only the highest quality ingredients.
3. True North Granola will provide intense focus on quality control and consistent product delivery.
4. True North Granola will hire and train employees, celebrate their accomplishments, and treat them well.
5. True North Granola will intentionally contribute to the healthy eating habits of children, students, and the community. We will do our part to reduce childhood obesity.
6. True North Granola will support the local economy by working with local vendors to the greatest degree possible.
7. True North Granola will not lose sight of its roots – exceptional products, intense quality control and a laser-like focus on customer service.
8. ‘Slow and steady’ will build a sustainable, profitable company which will continue to provide jobs to local community members.
True North Granola, LLC | Brattleboro, Vermont
People. Place. Ideas. Art. Culture. Stories.
Roger Smith, your New York City experience.
To make a reservation at The Roger Smith Hotel NYC, contact reservations (212) 755-1400
or visit http://bit.ly/BookRogerSmith