Loving and obey God and the order in which we do it is pretty important! Let's talk about it!
John 14:23 Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them."
- In this verse, what comes first, obeying God or loving God? Loving God
- Who is the "me" talking about in this verse? God
- How do we love God? Check out what Matthew 22:37 says: "Jesus replied, 'You must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. "
Check out Daniel chapter 3 for the incredible story of Shadrach, Meshach, Abednego, and the fiery furnace!
- Why do you think these 3 men choose to not bow down to the statue?
- Do you think they showed they loved God? How?
- How can you love and obey God this week?