Storyteller Dick McCarty talks about the historic Legg farm house north of Delaplane, Va . The "Legg" house (circa 1898) is a landmark on Route 17 north of Delaplane, Virginia in the Crooked Run Valley, which has been designated by Virginia as a State Historic District. The house was occupied by the Legg family until 2005, when the property was sold to Ken and Ursula Reitz.
The Reitzs received payments from the Fauquier County PDR program and tax credits of several hundred thousand dollars when they put the property into a conservation easement held by the Virginia Outdoor Foundation. That easement states:
"Any building or structure existing on the Property as of the date of this easement may be renovated and repaired, provided further that the existing farm house (the historic "Legg" house) shall not be demolished or removed from the Property without prior written approval of the Grantee (the Virginia Outdoor Foundation)."