Design Platform Flanders implemented a number of new initiatives during the Biennale Interieur 2012:
* DESIGN FUSION, an event devoted to Flemish design at which design experts and the general public shared their knowledge at talks by renowned speakers and during interactive workshops.
* In hall 5 of Kortrijk Xpo, four designer duos (an established name and a promising designer) set up home in FLANDERS AVENUE. The duos consist of Geoffrey Brusatto and Tom Lambeens, Maarten De Ceulaer and Charlotte Dumoncel d’Argence, Nedda El-Asmar and Celina Gram, and Michaël Verheyden and Jill Ryckaert. Caroline Voet was in charge of the scenography.
* The project room of the designer duo MULLER VAN SEVEREN was also accomplished thanks to the support of the platform.
* Simultaneously with the Biennale, Design Platform Flanders financed the stands of 16 promising Flemish designers at VENTURA INTERIEUR at Kortrijk Xpo and on Buda Island in the centre of Kortrijk.
* Lastly, the hosts and hostesses of this edition of the Biennale Interieur were dressed by DAMIEN RAVN, who won the competition DRESS A HOST(ESS)!, a joint initiative by Design Platform Flanders and Interieur.
Video by Benoit De Clerck / vimeo.com/benoitdeclerck / benoitdeclerck.com/