Study 10 of 13 on Growing in Christ
Key Text: “By this we know that we know Him, if we keep His commandments. He who says, ‘I know Him,’ and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him” (1 John 2:3, 4 (NKJV).
1. How does the typical human understanding of “law” differ from that of a Christian?
2. What evidence would you cite from Scripture that the Law existed before Mt. Sinai?
3. First John 5:3 says that obedience to God’s commandments is an expression of our love for Him. What does that mean?
4. How do we reconcile “law” with “grace”?
5. Scripture identifies Jesus as our Creator and our Redeemer. Why is the connection important?
6. How do we keep God’s law without falling into legalism?
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?