This past September, thousands of people in 52 countries came together to participate in the second annual Playing For Change Day. Musicians and artists, performers and fans, and people from all walks of life created a global vibration and changed the world through music.
We are inspired by the volunteers who gave so much to create more than 300 PFC Day events. We are grateful to those who supported these events. And we are in awe of the outpouring of love from every corner of the globe, especially from children in our programs and those who simply love music and wanted to have fun playing and making a difference.
Together we surpassed our $100,000 goal and here’s the impact the funds raised will have throughout the year:
- Funded 5 teachers in Ghana, benefiting over 100 children.
- Purchased drum sticks and traditional drums to teach up to 100 children in Rwanda.
- Provided instruments and a teacher's salary for 1 year in South Africa.
- Funded 6 months of operations in Mali, improving the lives of over 200 children and 7 teachers.
- Provided instruments and teachers' salaries for 4 music programs for 1 year in Nepal.
- Supported 4 local partner organizations in North America from Maine to Saskatchewan
It’s amazing what happens when we all come together. Our thanks to everyone!