I love chocolate! When I discovered this easy recipe for making delicious and healthy chocolate mousse, chocolate sauce and chocolate ice-cream I couldn't believe it. Everyone I made it for loved it! The secret ingredient is avocado, which replaces butter, milk and egg. You cannot taste the avocado at all. This recipe takes 15 minutes from prep to eating. yumgoodness.wordpress.com
1. Three Ripe Avocados
2. 1/2 cup Raw Cacao Powder (or unsweetened Cocoa or Carob Powder)
3. 1 cup Agave Nectar (or 1 cup Maple Syrup, or 1.5 cups soaked dates)
4. 1/2 cup water
5. 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
This recipe makes 2 cups or 6 servings
MAKING THE MOUSSE
1. Place the sweetener (agave, maple syrup or dates), vanilla and water in a food processor (or blender, chopper or vita mix). (*If using dates, increase the amount of water to 1 cup).
Process until everything is mixed.
2. Add chopped or mashed avocado and the raw cacao powder (carob, or cocoa). Process just until smooth and creamy. Best not to over process.
3. Scrape down the sides of the food processor occasionally.
Serve alone or with chopped nuts sprinkled on top, or layer with fruit.
Chocolate Mousse is delicious when served cold. Store in a refrigerator in a tightly sealed container for 1-2 hours before serving.
For an ice-cream texture, store in the freezer for 1-2 hours before serving.
CAN BE STORED FOR THREE DAYS TO TWO WEEKS
Refrigerate in a tightly sealed container for up to 3 days. Or store in an tightly sealed container in a freezer for up to two weeks.
THIS RECIPE ALSO MAKES
1. Chocolate Frosting (to make frosting leave out the water)
2. Chocolate Sauce (to make sauce, increase the amount of water to 1 cup)
3. Chocolate Ice Cream (to make ice cream place the chocolate mousse in a freezer for 1-3 hours)
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?