I recently had the opportunity to test out some lenses form Rokinon. The lenses are made for digital film production with DSLR cameras (as well as the Sony NEX E-mount), by adding .8 pitch gears for focus and aperture and de-clicking the aperture mechanism. I got my hands on 3 of them:
• Rokinon 14mm T3.1 Cine Lens
• Rokinon 24mm T1.5 Cine Lens
• Rokinon 35mm T1.5 Cine Lens
In addition to the 3 I tested, they offer an 85mm T1.5 and an 8mm T3.8 fisheye. Hopefully I’ll get my hands on those soon.
• Panasonic GH2 (un-hacked) - 24p Cinema, Film Mode “Smooth” -2 all the way, Record Quality 24H
• Sony FS700 - 24p, Picture Profile 1
• Posted in FCP X with minor color grading
Read the full review on my blog at daveperryproject.com
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?