Study 1 of 13 on Origins
Scriptural Basis: Gen. 1:1; Ps. 19:1–3; John 1:1–3, 14; 2:7–11; Col. 1:15, 16; Heb. 11:3.
Key Text: “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth” (Gen. 1:1, NKJV).
1. How would you respond if someone were to ask you, “What is your God like?”
2. Why is what we believe about Creation so important?
3. In addition to wisdom, what other attribute of God is mentioned in the Creation?
4. How do the New Testament writers identify the Creator?
5. What does the Creation story in Genesis 1 reveal about God’s purposes for your life?
6. How does Creation inform the way in which you worship God?