This webinar will provide an overview of tools available to prevent evictions of older adults as the COVID-19 pandemic winds down, including temporary state and local protections and the federal government’s COVID Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP). Participants will learn about ERAP eligibility and about some of the obstacles that have prevented older tenants from accessing ERAP assistance.
1. Understand that when the CDC eviction order expires, there are still other tools available to keep older tenants housed;
2. Comprehend how the federal Emergency Rental Assistance Program works;
3. Learn the importance of staying in close touch and collaborating with legal services providers specializing in eviction defense; and
4. Know where to find information and resources about eviction protections and local Emergency Rental Assistance programs.
• Lisa Sitkin, Senior Staff Attorney, National Housing Law Project
• Patti Prunhuber, Senior Housing Staff Attorney, Justice in Aging