City of Salisbury, North Carolina
COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
January 3, 2013 - 3:00 p.m.
1. Call to order.
2. Invocation to be given by Councilmember Kennedy.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Recognition of visitors present.
5. Mayor to proclaim the following:
DR. MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR. DAY January 21, 2013
6. Council to consider the CONSENT AGENDA:
(a) Approve Minutes of the Regular Meeting of December 18, 2012 and the Special Meeting of December 26, 2012.
7. Council to receive Highlights and Goals presentations from the Community Appearance Commission, Greenway Committee, Historic Preservation Commission and Parks and Recreation Advisory Board.
8. Council to receive a presentation from the Community Appearance Commission regarding
the 2012 BlockWork Neighborhood improvement Project.
9. City Manager’s comments.
10. Mayor’s Announcements.
(a) The W.G. “Bill” Hefner V.A. Medical Center will host a celebration of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s birthday Friday, January 18, 2013 at 1:00 p.m. The celebration will be held in the Social Room, Building 6 at the Hefner V.A. Medical Center located at 1601 Brenner Avenue.
(b) Mt. Zion Missionary Baptist Church will host the annual Humanitarian Awards Sunday, January 20, 2013 at 3:00 p.m. The Awards will be held at Mt. Zion Missionary Baptist Church located at 1920 Shirley Avenue.
(c) The Salisbury-Rowan Human Relations Council will host the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Breakfast, Monday, January 21, 2013 at 7:00 a.m. The Breakfast will be held at the J. F. Hurley YMCA, 828 Jake Alexander Boulevard. Tickets are $8.00 in advance or $10 at the door. To purchase tickets or for additional information please call 704-638-5217 or 704-638-2168.
(d) The Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Parade will be held Monday, January 21, 2013. The parade will begin at
11:00 a.m. at the corner of Kerr Street and North Main Street and will end at the Salisbury Civic Center, 315 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Avenue, where activities celebrating Dr. King will be held from 12:00 p.m. until 4:30 p.m.
(e) The North Carolina Main Street Conference will be held in downtown Salisbury, January 30, 2013 through February 1, 2013. For more information or to register visit ncmainstreetcenter.com.
11. Council to go into closed session concerning an economic development matter as allowed by NCGS 143-318.11(a)(4).
Council meetings are streamed live at salisburync.gov/webcast
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?