We are preparing for a nationwide mission, run by local church groups, called A Passion for Life that will launch in 2014.
To prepare us for this time of evangelism, there will be a training DVD available to help church push the boundaries of their evangelism.
The A Passion to Witness training DVD provides tailored training for the Church as we seek to not just be people who bring friends to events, but ones who become personal witnesses of the Lord Jesus. Our desire is to encourage every church to consider how it might reach a community or group that it is not currently reaching with the Gospel.
The resource consists of nine 15-20 minute sessions addressing different aspects of our witness and evangelism, each presented by a different speaker, and is interspersed with questions for small group discussion, reflection and application.
The DVD will include:
• What is the gospel? – Paul Williams
• Why should we share the gospel? – Tim Hanson
• Why don’t we share the gospel? – Elspeth Pitt
• How to pray when sharing the gospel. – John Stevens
• How to tell my story. – David Williams
• Using the Bible to share the gospel. – Charlie Skrine
• How should we answer questions? – Lee McMunn
• How to lead someone to Christ. – Chris Green
• How to push the boundaries of our church. – Andy Paterson
A Passion to Witness is an ideal resource for house/cell groups, small group Bible studies, as well as being used as a teaching programme during normal church services. It is designed in such a way that it does not require a high level of preparation before use. The Bible passages quoted, and the questions for discussion, appear on the DVD at the appropriate moment. Printable study notes may be found by opening the DVD on a computer.
The DVD is available from 10ofthose.com/apfl