Launched 1999, the Zulu Village Project fosters self-reliance, enhances traditional culture and instills environmental awareness. The villagers named the project “Impumelelo yeSandlwana” - Success for the People of Isandlwana. Since its inception, the people of Isandlwana have created this success themselves - each WILD initiative works to build local leadership and economy while fostering cultural traditions and environmental stewardship.
Managed locally, under the quiet but determined leadership of Elizabeth Dhlamini (Ms. D), a team of local leaders and coordinator Samantha Terblanche, the Zulu Village Project is flourishing, with new initiatives each year.
Currently underway are:
• Sustainable Food Projects: Organic Gardens, Fruit Orchard and Chicken Production
• Soil erosion projects; Micro-lending program with 100% payback;
• A traditional youth dance group, winning awards around the province
• An active soccer-team, practicing and playing local matches
• Environmental Learning through Eco-Schools
Video by Erika K.H. Gronek, Ancora Imparo Productions
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?