In this brief video Company85′s head of marketing and research, Laurie Menear, presents an independent and product-agnostic perspective on securing data in the cloud.
- You must retain responsibility for security policy, not the supplier
- Third party certification is on its way – but it’s not there yet
- Your normal policies (e.g. access control, encryption) apply to your cloud service provider (CSP)
- You need to be able to audit multi-tenanted environments in multiple geographies
- You need to be able to get data back, move it and make sure it’s wiped
- You need an exit plan for your CSP
More details are contained in our free white paper, which you can download at company85.com/services/white-papers-and-advisory-guides/secure-cloud-computing-executive-guide-white-paper/