CITY OF VERO BEACH, FLORIDA
JANUARY 22, 2013 6:00 P.M.
REGULAR CITY COUNCIL MEETING
CITY HALL, COUNCIL CHAMBERS, VERO BEACH, FLORIDA
A G E N D A
1. CALL TO ORDER
A. Roll Call
B. Invocation – Reverend Diego Flores/Asbury United Methodist Church
C. Pledge of Allegiance
2. PRELIMINARY MATTERS
A. Agenda Additions, Deletions, and Adoption
1. Recognition of Eagle Scouts
C. Public Comment
1. Mr. Todd Howder, President, Vero Beach Air Show, Inc., to give an update on the Air Show.
2. Mrs. Susan Krol to present a petition to remove a Skate Board Ramp.
D. Adoption of Consent Agenda
1. Regular City Council Minutes – January 8, 2013
2. License Agreement #2012-LA-0206 – Philip Kulakoski & Suzanne Smith – Dock and Boatlift – 4 Sailfish Road
3. Utility Easement #2011-EG-0118 and Bill of Sale of Utility Facilities – Indian River Medical Center SICU-PACU Expansion
4. Agreement and Consent to Assignment of Commercial Lease Agreement between the City of Vero Beach, Wolfenden Enterprises, Inc., and Thomas N. Soodsma
5. Monthly Capital Projects’ Status Reports
6. New Commercial Lease Agreement between the City of Vero Beach and Dragonfly Boatworks, LLC., for Parcel 32, Airport Commercial Center at the Vero Beach Municipal Airport.
3. PUBLIC HEARINGS
A) (Quasi-Judicial) An Ordinance of the City of Vero Beach, Florida, amending the Code of the City of Vero Beach, Chapter 62, Nonresidential Districts by creating Article XIII, Ocean Drive/Cardinal Drive Commercial Overlay District
B) (Quasi-Judicial) An Ordinance of the City of Vero Beach, Florida, Designating the Ocean Drive/Cardinal Drive Commercial Overlay District by amending the Official Zoning Map of the City of Vero Beach; Providing for Conflict and Severability
C) An Ordinance of the City of Vero Beach, Florida, relating to Code Enforcement Procedures; Amending Article VII, Code Enforcement, of Chapter 2, Administration of the Code of the City of Vero Beach
4. RESOLUTIONS FOR ADOPTION WITHOUT PUBLIC HEARING
A) A Resolution of the City Council of the City of Vero Beach, Florida Granting a Non-Exclusive Vending Machine Concession License to All County vending, Inc.
5. FIRST READINGS BY TITLE FOR ORDINANCES AND RESOLUTIONS
THAT REQUIRE A FUTURE PUBLIC HEARING
A) A Resolution of the City of Vero Beach, Florida, Establishing Fees for the Industrial Waste Pretreatment Program;
B) An Ordinance of the City of Vero Beach, Florida, Repealing Ordinance Number 1546 Relating to Operation of Golf Carts on Certain City Streets and Amending the Code of the City of Vero Beach
6. CITY CLERK’S MATTERS
A) Mr. Kenneth Weiss to ask Council for a reduction in a Code Enforcement Board lien.
B) New Appointments to City Commission/Boards
C) Indian River County wishes to know the City’s position on extending 20th Avenue to connect with Aviation Blvd.
7. CITY MANAGER’S MATTERS
A) Stock Cable 1000MCM for Sub #9
B) Hurricane Sandy Dune Restoration – Bid No. 010-13/JO – COVB PW Project No. 2012-35
8. CITY ATTORNEY’S MATTERS
A) Council Meeting Agendas/Order of Business
9. CITY COUNCIL MATTERS
A. Old Business
B. New Business
10. INDIVIDUAL COUNCILMEMBERS’ MATTERS