Jon Yerby tells the story of how the Behold Your God soundtrack came to be, and why.
"How Shall I Sing That Majesty" Written by John Mason, 1683; Arranged and performed by Jon Yerby.
How shall I sing that Majesty Which angels do admire?
Let dust in dust and silence lie—Oh sing sing ye heavenly choir!
Thousands of thousands stand around Thy throne O God most high,
Ten thousand times ten thousand sound Thy praise, but who am I?
Thy brightness unto them appears Whilst I Thy footsteps trace,
A sound of God comes to my ears But they behold Thy face.
They sing because Thou art their Sun—Lord send a beam on me!
For where heaven is but once begun, Oh there alleluias be!
Enlighten with faith's light my heart, Inflame it with love's fire!
Then shall I sing and bear a part With that celestial choir.
I shall I fear be dark and cold With all my fire and light,
Yet when thou dost accept their gold Lord treasure up my mite.
How great a being Lord is Thine Which doth all beings keep!
Thy knowledge is the only line To sound so vast a deep.
Thou art a Sea without a shore, a Sun without a sphere,
Thy time is now and evermore Thy place is everywhere.
Behold Your God : Original Soundtrack by Jon Yerby—A Double-Album of Twenty-One Psalms, Hymns, and Spiritual Songs
Disc One - To See the Curse Remove
1. Approach My Soul the Mercy Seat (John Newton, 1779)
2. Come Unto Me Ye Weary (William Chatterton Dix, 1867)
3. Come to the Savior Now (John Wigner, 1871)
4. Psalm 13 (Jon Yerby, 1997)
5. Earnest of His Love (Issac Watts, 1709)
6. Art Thou Weary (Stephen the Sabaite, 8th Century)
7. Come Sinners to the Gospel Feast (Charles Wesley, 1747)
8. Commonplace (Jon Yerby, 2008)
9. And Can it Be (Charles Wesley, 1738)
10. Blood of Beasts (Issac Watts, 1709)
11. Jesus My Strength My Hope (Charles Wesley, 1742)
12. Secure (Jon Yerby, 2008)
Disc Two - The Terrors of Law and of God
1. And Will the Judge Descend (Phillip Doddridge, 1775)
2. Are We The Soldiers Of The Cross (Isaac Watts, 1724)
3. O God Our Help In Ages Past (Isaac Watts, 1719)
4. There Is An Hour When I Must Part (Andrew Reed, 1883)
5. Lord It Belongs Not To My Care (Richard Baxter, 1681)
6. The Savior Calls (Anne Steele, 1844)
7. A Debtor To Mercy Alone (Augustus Toplady, 1747)
8. Not What My Hands Have Done (Horatius Bonar, 1861)
9. How Shall I Sing That Majesty (John Mason, 1683)
Available online: shop.mediagratiae.org