Northwest Missouri FCA staff, Trevor Nashleanas, teaches area athletes about what it means to worship God at EXCELeration on Tuesday February 19, 2013. This is the fifth video in the "Disciple: Being God's Representative to your Team series."
1. What stood out to you most about worship and why?
2. Worship is giving God all we are, have and do in response to what God has done for us through the work of Jesus. It is “reflecting back to God the radiance of his worth.” How does this definition challenge what you have previously considered “worship”?
3. All of life is worship. Every moment we are either worshiping God as our joyful response to Jesus or we are worshiping someone or something else. What does this imply about the significance of sin? How does this affect your attitude toward daily life?
4. Apart from Jesus we cannot help but worship everything but God. By faith in the work of Jesus; however, we are free to enjoy God by giving him the worship he alone deserves. How does this affect your perspective on what it means to trust in Jesus?
5. Impact Programs are designed to redirect our worship from idolizing aspects of our sport to worshiping God through sports. How would, or has, an Impact Program helped you and your teammates to redirect your worship toward God?