A family road trip descends into nightmare as it becomes clear that the world has changed. GO QUICKLY is a thriller with political overtones, depicting the dreamlike drift from innocence to awareness of mortal danger. The film was inspired by the events following the 2005 London Tube Bombings and the tragic death of Jean Charles de Menezes.
GO QUICKLY was my third film as writer/director, and was produced by Katharine Thornton. It is one of the most acclaimed films produced at Sydney Film School, and was a part II major drama in the second half of 2005 at the school. The film starred Danny Haung, Zachary Quint and Isabella Paterno, as the family through whose faces we see the shifting of the world. The film was shot by the team of Hans Bishop (operator) and Peter Lang (DOP), edited by Steven Dunstan, designed by Vinessa Trikeriotis and featuring sound design by Ivan Kovac.
Music from Alberto Iglesias's haunting score to THE DANCER UPSTAIRS (rights: BMG Entertainment, Karonte Records), and Arvo Part's 'Fur Alina', were used as the film's score. The film has never been commercially exploited.
- Runner Up, 2007 Film for Film Festival, Sydney
- Best Film, 2007 6th Australia-Japan Film Forum, Sydney
- Best Editing, 2007 6th Australia-Japan Film Forum, Sydney
- Best Film Finalist, 2006 ATOM Awards, Melbourne
- Highly Commended (Long Form Short), 2006 Dendy Film Awards, Sydney
- Best Film (Audience Award), Best Producer, Best Screenplay, Best Cinematography, Best Editing, Best Sound Design at the 3rd Sydney Film School Film Festival, Sydney
- 2007 Perth Revelation International Film Festival, Australia
- 2007 Calgary International Film Festival, Canada
- 2007 Australia-Japan Film Forum, Australia
- 2007 Kyoto Student Film and Video Festival, Japan
- 2007 San Luis Cine International Film Festival, Argentina
- 2008 Kawasaki-Shinyuri Film Festival, Japan