"a shocking exposé of how the Mexican government illegally incarcerated a man accused of a presidential assassination in dungeon-like conditions for over two decades."
Robert Koehler, Filmcomment magazine.
El Paciente Interno (The Convict Patient)
On February 5th 1970, Carlos Castañeda de la Fuente tryed to assesinate the President to avenge the Tlatelolco massacre from October 2nd 1968, defying the most repressive regime in the contemporary Mexican history . Fourty years later, this failed avenger survived the system’s disproportionate retaliation only to wander Mexico City’s streets as a vagrant.
* Special Mention of the Jury, 27 FICG.
* Guerrero Price of the press for the best mexican docuemntary, 27 FICG.
* Official Selection, 10 FICM.
* Docs360º Price by Canal11, best mexican docuemntary, DocsDF.
* Official Selection 31 Festival Internacional Cinematográfico de Uruguay.
* Official Selection Hot Docs Canadian International Documentary Festival.